Outdoor lights are absolutely necessary for summer. Not only are they practical, they can also be charming and romantic. Creative and beautiful lighting design can transform your home and property into a stunning sight.
The Perfect Light has a wide variety of beautiful outdoor lights and lighting design ideas that can help you get the effect you desire for all your outdoor living spaces
Simple, modern, and attractive seems to be the trend today. But, you also have to option to be maximalist with things like chandeliers and decorative fixtures.
Beautiful and creative outdoor lighting takes work, but luckily there are professionals that can make the process a whole lot easier.
Be careful about purchasing lights at a store as they may not be waterproof, tested by an independent testing laboratory, or compatible with your existing electrical system.
5 Beautiful and Creative Outdoor Lighting Ideas
Creative and beautiful outdoor lighting requires creative use of your outdoor spaces and items, such as trees, statues, pillars, waterfalls, pools, ponds and other water features.
Highlight the most beautiful parts of your landscape by proudly lighting them up with beautiful landscape lighting.
Glass Containers and Jars
Candles in inexpensive glass jars and bottles can give your outdoor spaces a magical, fairyland feel. If the mood calls for it, you can also use paper lanterns, tin cans, or old lampshades.
You can even make your own DIY garden chandeliers with them. Consider using fishing line, wire, metal, or even twine to suspend your candle holders.
If you want to add a colored tint to your lights, add about 10 drops of food coloring and 1 teaspoon of water to Mod Podge or another high-quality craft glue. Then, coat the inside of the jar and bake at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
This is a great way to light up outdoor seating areas. Remember, this is the time to be creative.
Floating LED Lights
If you have a body of water, such as a pond or pool, consider adding floating LED lights. There are a wide variety to choose from and they can really transform your yard into something wonderful.
If you have an old chandelier lying around, you can recycle it by removing the old bulbs and either adding solar lights to the bases or using the sockets as candle holders.
This won’t provide a lot of light, but the soft glow and bright accents can be just what you’re looking for.
Steps and Stairways
You want to light up your stairs and stairways for both safety and aesthetic purposes. While you will want to consult with a professional lighting designer, consider the following options for lighting up stairs, stairways, and pathways:
- Tread/Recessed Lighting – These lights are installed directly into the vertical face of the stair in order to cast a light down onto the step right below it.
- Downlighting – Lights installed high up, such as in trees, can be pointed downward to produce a soft, moon-like light. Downlighting is sometimes referred to as moonlighting. Keep in mind that the lights will need to be installed around 30 feet above the ground.
- Path Lighting – Usually path lights are used for paths, but if you only have a few steps and they are located along the path, they can serve the dual purpose of path and stair lighting.
- Post Lighting – Post and rail lighting is a useful way to light up the ground or steps beneath. While these types of fixtures are effective and beautiful, installation is complex, so contact a lighting professional.
There’s something about string lights that attracts the eye. Also known as bistro or café lights, they are perfect for lighting trees, decks, patios, pergolas, and many other spaces.
They are extremely popular due to their versatility. They are easily moved and highly adaptable to the environment. One of our favorite ways to use string lights is by wrapping them around trees. You can also hang lights from trees.
If you have an eating area outdoors, consider hanging string lights above the table to give the area an intimate and subdued feel.
- Patio, Deck, and Hardscape Lighting Ideas
- Outdoor Lighting Tips for Entertaining
- 4th of July Lighting Ideas
The lighting scheme around your property has the ability to highlight the most beautiful aspects while hiding the flaws. For creative and beautiful outdoor lighting solutions, contact the lighting experts at The Perfect Light.